Back on October 10th, Hank, Geetha, Kim, Glynn, Danny, Puneet, and myself did a presentation at a tech forum where we shared some early lessons learned from our journey into Scrum.
I thought I would take this opportunity to share the summary takeaways here in this blog:
- Don’t get kidnapped by the super hero.
- Acceptance criteria puts tests first and sets the stage for Test Driven Development.
- Budget to build the right “It”.
- Create explicit tasks for work such, so you can meet expectations.
- The vision is the driver that enables change.
- Be flexible and open minded when implementing new processes.
- Scrum helps greatly with all communications.